antihero (plural antiheroes)
- (literature, gaming) A protagonist who proceeds in an unheroic manner, such as by criminal means, via cowardly actions, or for mercenary goals.
retardation (plural retardations)
- The act of retarding or delaying; hindrance.
- The extent to which anything is retarded; the result of any retarding or delay; mental, social, or physical slowness.
- That which retards; an obstacle; an obstruction.
vicious circle (plural vicious circles)
- A situation in which the solution to one problem creates a chain of problems, each making it more difficult to solve the original one.